Website redirection notice
The Commission for Children and Young People and Child Guardian (CCYPCG) ceased operation on 30 June 2014.
Many of the Commission’s functions moved to other agencies from 1 July 2014 as part of the implementation of far-reaching recommendations from the Queensland Child Protection Commission of Inquiry (Carmody Review).
The transfer of functions is outlined below:
- The blue card system has transferred to the Public Safety Business Agency. The blue card website and phone, fax and postal addresses remain the same.
- The Child Guardian has combined with the Adult Guardian to form the Public Guardian, providing individual advocacy for children and young people in the child protection system. Visits to the most vulnerable children and young people in out-of-home care are now undertaken by the new Office of the Public Guardian.
- The Child Death Case Review Committee has been replaced by a new child case review panel supported by the Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services (DCCSDS), to consider reviews conducted by its Chief Executive.
- Child-related complaints are investigated by the relevant department with oversight by the Queensland Ombudsman.
- Strategic oversight of the child protection system and promoting the safety, wellbeing and best interests of children and young children has transferred to the new Queensland Family and Child Commission.
Access to important research and publications held by CCYPCG is available through the Queensland Family and Child Commission, or through the National Library of Australia PANDORA web archive at http://pandora.nla.gov.au/tep/14014.