Home / Our services
To achieve our mission and mandate we:
- monitoring, auditing and reviewing the effectiveness of the child safety system including the handling of individual cases of children within the system
- actioning complaints and undertaking investigations relating to services provided or required by children within the child safety and youth justice systems
- independently monitoring the safety and wellbeing of all children residing in foster homes, residential facilities, detention centres and authorised mental health facilities through a program of regular visits and surveys and advocating on any systemic issues identified
- conducting and promoting research about the rights, interests and wellbeing of children
- monitoring and reviewing laws, policies and practices that impact on children and promoting action that upholds the principles underlying the Commission for Children and Young People and Child Guardian Act 2000
- maintaining Queensland’s child death register (including analysing and reporting on trends) and chairing the Child Death Case Review Committee which reviews statutory child protection responses to children in the three years prior to their deaths
- administering the blue card system, including the daily monitoring of blue card holders.
Find out more about the Commission’s services.
Last Updated: October 1, 2013