CCYPCG home / The blue card system
The blue card system
The blue card system:
- is a key prevention and monitoring system of people working with children and young people
- aims to minimise the risks of harm to children and young people receiving services which contribute to their wellbeing and development, and
- is founded on the principle that all children have a fundamental right to be protected from harm.
- the past is risk managed though the initial assessment, which determines a person’s eligibility to work with children, based on known police or disciplinary information
- the present is risk managed through police information of all blue card or exemption card holders, which is continuously monitored so any changes are actioned appropriately, and
- the future is risk managed by service providers, who are required to implement child and youth risk management strategies and review them annually.
The Commission has sought to measure the contribution the blue card system is making to creating safer service environments for children and young people in Queensland. Read more.
Last updated: 26 June 2013